© IvyWell Digital Imagery, photographer: Chesney Peyton 2010-2013
Desperation and despair
Envelop shattered souls
Nobody is around
Therefore, Nobody knows
Nobody seems to care
Yet whether or not that’s true
Imagine what it’s like
With Nobody there for you
~•☼•~ Ain Soph Aur ~•☼•~
• “Go beyond the illusion of your apparent reality.”
• “Kill all my demons, and my angels might die, too.”
-movie, Transsiberian (Misquote of original by Tennessee Williams)
• “The kingdom of god is inside you …and all around you, not in buildings/mansions of wood and stone; split a piece of wood and I am there, lift a stone and you will find me.”
-The Gospel of St. Thomas (1945)
• “Aliens out in space were looking down on Earth. One said, “It seems the dominant life forms have developed satellite-based weapons.” The second asked, “Are they an emerging intelligence?” “I don’t think so,” the first responded, “They have the weapons pointed at themselves.”
• “I’m neither a leader nor a follower… I don’t hide in the shadows nor bask in the sun… I won’t require your attention, nor will I seek it… I march to the beat of my own drum —where you hear it’s music, that’s where I’ll be.”
• “Survival is the greatest revenge.”
• “Believe that anything you can imagine, you can make real.”
• “I’ll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking OUTSIDE the box when there’s evidence of ANY thinking going on INSIDE it.”
• “Reality exists independently of us. It has no need for human beings, one way or another. But art, by it’s very definition, must be created.”
• “Truth …is the first casualty of war.”
-Philip Snowden (In his introduction to Truth and the War, by E. D. Morel)
• “Life is a journey, not a destination.”
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
• “At the touch of love, everyone becomes a poet.”
• “When you turn a light on for someone else, you light your own path as well.”
(Variation of: “We cannot hold a torch to light another’s path without brightening our own.” -Ben Sweetland)
• “It is bad luck to be superstitious.”
-Andrew W. Mathis
• “Just because your are paranoid, does not mean they are not out to get you.”
• “Always tell the truth – it’s the easiest thing to remember.”
• “All relationships take time and effort, but wouldn’t it be heavenly to know that you are investing all of that effort into something that is destined to take root and grow?”
• “Being happy doesn’t mean everything’s perfect; it means that you’ve decided to look beyond the imperfections.”
• “Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.”
• “Monotony collapses time; novelty unfolds it.”
• “The search for passion, feeling, love …it’ll get you every time.”
-The Hunger (1997–2000)
• “The heart cannot heal…what the eye cannot see.”
-The Twilight Zone
• “Only love lets us see normal things in an extraordinary way.”
• “Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined.”
• “I’m willing to admit that I may not always be right, but I am never wrong.”
• Elizabeth (Liz): “How did you know? …How did you know I’d respond to you the way I have?” John: “I saw myself in you.”
-movie, Nine 1/2 Weeks
• “I learned a long time ago, …never question the Cosmic Law of French Toast.”
-Jim, The Ghost Whisperer
• “Non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other living beings, we are still savages.”
• “Do not worry about your difficulties in Mathematics. I can assure you mine are still greater.”
• “You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother.”
• “The secret of creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.”
• “I like you. You remind me of myself when I was young and stupid.”
• “Of all the things I’ve lost, I miss my mind the most.”
• “There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don’t.”
-Joke, by Unknown
• “Amor Vincit Omnia”
• “BE the change you wish to see in the world.”
• “The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.”
• “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.”
-Henry David Thoreau
• “Yesterday upon the stair, I met a man who wasn’t there. He wasn’t there again today. Oh, how I wish he’d go away.”
-William Hughes Mearns
• “I’ve seen you before …in a dream. Why, oh why, are you haunting me?”
• “..I don’t know if life is greater than death. But love was more than either.”
-Tristan, Tristan and Isolde
• “If raindrops were kisses, I could send you showers :: If hugs were seas, I’d want to send you oceans :: And if love were a person, I’d send you me!”
• “A friend may well be reckoned a masterpiece of nature.”
-Emerson, from Ralph Waldo Emerson’s “Book of Essays”
• “The best thing about Me is You.”
• “I reject your reality and substitute my own!”
• “I’LL try to be nicer, if YOU try to be smarter.”
• “Respect the Living. Honour the Dead. Follow Your Heart, But Refuse To Be Led. Be…
• “Quos amor verus tenuit, tenebit.”
• “Before you, my life was like a moonless night
Very dark, but there were stars; points of light and reason
Then you shot across my sky like a meteor
Suddenly, everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty
When you were gone… When the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black Nothing had changed, but my eyes were blinded by the light
I couldn’t see the stars anymore
…And there was no more reason for anything”
-Edward, Twilight Saga (revised)
A girl asked a boy, “Do you think I’m pretty?”
The boy replied, “No.”
The girl asked, “Do you want to be with me forever?”
The boy replied, “No.”
Finally the girl asked, “Well, would you cry if I walked away?” Once again the boy said, “No.”
She’d heard enough; tears streaming down her face, she’d turned to leave when the boy suddenly grabbed her arm and said, “I don’t think you’re pretty, …I think you’re BEAUTIFUL. I wouldn’t want to be with you forever, …I NEED to be with you forever. And I wouldn’t cry if you walked away, …I would DIE!”
Her: Okay, give me just a second…
Him: Just a second? …That’s all? That’s all ya want?!
Her: Give me a lifetime…
Him: Only a lifetime? …THAT’S all you want?
Her: Give me an eternity.
Him: That’s it? Only an eternity? That’s really all you want??
Her: Give me…..
Him: How about… I give you love incarnate.
The following, is an email I received earlier today from the office of Senator Johanns (Mike_Johanns@Johanns.senate.gov):
Senator Johanns e-Update
April 5, 2011 6:40 PM
Today, Congressman Paul Ryan of Wisconsin introduced a plan entitled The Path to Prosperity to tackle our nation’s debt problem. The plan offers a stark contrast to our current course of trillion-dollar deficits and runaway spending. It cuts more than $6 trillion in spending compared to the President’s proposed budget levels over the next decade, reduces government spending by limiting it to a percentage of the economy, and paves a path to pay off our bloated debt. This is now the second serious proposal introduced in recent months to address our debt crisis. While I may not fully support either proposal in their entirety, I applaud the leadership being shown on this important issue and hope the President will step-up to advance the discussion.
KEY PROVISIONS OF THE PATH TO PROSPERITY
• Cuts $6.2 trillion in government spending over the next decade compared to the President’s budget, and $5.8 trillion relative to the current-policy baseline.
• Eliminates hundreds of duplicative programs, reflects the ban on earmarks, and curbs corporate welfare bringing non-security discretionary spending to below 2008 levels.
• Brings government spending to below 20 percent of the economy, a sharp contrast to the President’s budget, in which spending never falls below 23 percent of GDP over the next decade.
DEBT AND DEFICITS
• Reduces deficits by $4.4 trillion compared to the President’s budget over the next decade.
• Surpasses the President’s low benchmark of sustainability – which his own budget fails to meet – by reaching primary balance in 2015.
• Puts the budget on the path to balance and pays off the debt.
• Keeps taxes low so the economy can grow. Eliminates roughly $800 billion in tax increases imposed by the President’s health care law. Prevents the $1.5 trillion tax increase called for in the President’s budget.
• Calls for a simpler, less burdensome tax code for households and small businesses. Lowers tax rates for individuals, businesses and families.
• Sets top rates for individuals and businesses at 25 percent. Improves incentives for growth, savings, and investment.
GROWTH AND JOBS
• Creates nearly 1 million new private-sector jobs next year, brings the unemployment rate down to 4 percent by 2015, and results in 2.5 million additional private-sector jobs in the last year of the decade.
• Spurs economic growth, increasing real GDP by $1.5 trillion over the decade.
• Unleashes prosperity and economic security, yielding $1.1 trillion in higher wages and an average $1,000 per year in higher income for each family.
*Source: House Budget Committee
It certainly sounds compelling, but what does it all mean -in “layman’s terms” (ie. what’s it going to entail for the average, everyday American)? It’s the “fine print”, afterall, that generally spells it out for us and will ultimately give us the whole story …the “bigger picture”, if you will.
…What’s your take, or view, on the topic?
dEfyant Message Sent via BlackBerry
- Ryan Maps Another ‘Path to Prosperity’ (blogs.wsj.com)
- Paul Ryan’s Budget: The Path to Prosperity? (pajamasmedia.com)
- The Paul Ryan Budget, Obama Budget and the Fiscal Commission Budget (nextbigfuture.com)
- Must Read of the Day: Paul Ryan: The GOP Path to Prosperity (bigcitizen.wordpress.com)
- Paul Ryan: The GOP Path to Prosperity (online.wsj.com)
- The Ideological Roadmap of Paul Ryan’s Budget Scheme (themoderatevoice.com)
- House GOP Unveils Budget Path to Prosperity (chicagonow.com)
- Must Watch (and Must Forward) of the Day: The Path to Prosperity (bigcitizen.wordpress.com)
- Paul Ryan Unveils Plan To Cut Federal Spending By $6 Trillion Over Ten Years (outsidethebeltway.com)
- GOP Budget Called ‘The Path to Prosperity’ (abcnews.go.com)
- GOP takes big swipe at federal budget (cnn.com)
- CHART OF THE DAY: The Incredible Impact Of Republican Cuts On The US Deficit (businessinsider.com)
Oh how I wish Gyro Bowls had existed when my children were itty bitty…
Over the past couple years, one of my, now teenage, boys has somehow managed to get me paying closer attention to many of the numerous infomercials that seem to bombard our fragile consumer lives these days. *sheepish grin* And for whatever the reason, the Gyro Bowl ad is one, of a small few, that continues to repeatedly catch my eye.
dEfyant Message Sent via BlackBerry
Concerned Citizens of the World,
Right now the President has $36 billion in taxpayer giveaways, going to the nuclear industry to build more plants here in the U.S., in his proposed budget. Please join me and tell the President and your members of Congress that there is no place for taxpayer giveaways for the nuclear industry in the budget. Just click on the link below…
And thank you so much, in advance, for both your time and your support!
- Fukushima disaster causes fallout for nuclear industry worldwide (guardian.co.uk)
- Nick Clegg says we won’t subsidise new nuclear plant after Japan disaster (dailymail.co.uk)
- Setbacks mount at Japan’s crisis-hit nuclear plant (genomega1.wordpress.com)
photographer: Chesney Peyton
©IvyWell Digital Imagery 2010-2013
All Rights Reserved.